When picturing gym, the image that comes into mind is an endless row of treadmills and other fitness equipment. But it’s much more than that, it’s a social hub where the beginning of your fitness Canberra journey happens. There will be plenty of people around continuously trying to work out and get stronger. You will have access to classes, fitness machines, trainers and many other amenities which will be vital for your transition into a healthy lifestyle.
An environment such as this is totally welcoming for a beginner and gives you that boost of motivation that you need in order to stay dedicated to your goals. It takes away the element of boredom that some people mistakenly attach to gyms. In fact, you will realize that going to the gyms Southside Canberra might be one of the best activities you could do. Not only it makes you physically stronger, it gives you mental peace as well and keeps you happy because the exercise releases endorphins and dopamine which regulates your mood. It can also make you more social and you can gain gym buddies which can turn out to be great friends as well.
As a beginner, you must know that exercise is no less than a science itself. You need systematic planning in order to get the most out of it. That is why it is important to remember some vital tips as you begin your fitness journey;
- Exercise is not the only factor in losing weight. Keeping a healthy diet is important. Without a good diet plan, exercise will go to waste. So determine what you want to achieve out of regular gym sessions, be it losing weight or gaining muscles, and prepare a diet plan that fits your needs the best.
- To lose the weight, you need to reduce your calorie count. One way to do it is to eat less calorie enriched food and just maintain your normal calorie requirement that way you won’t gain much weight, or you can exercise more and lose the additional calories. Remember that you need to job about 45 minutes to 1 hour in order to lose 500 calories.
- There is a possibility that initially you might get soreness in muscles, generally known as Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS). It is a normal inflammatory response to the repair of small tears caused in muscle fibers due to exercise. You cannot prevent it, however, you can do gentle stretches and light exercise which leads to better blood flow to the muscle and ultimately relieving you of the pain. Do not give up, the soreness is only difficult to manage at first. With persistence, it will improve.
- Cardio and weight exercise both are beneficial for you. One is good for your heart and the other helps you reduce weight. So try to do a combination of both exercises.
- Do not over do the exercise. Give your body some days of rest to help it recover.
- Start slow with small weights and light exercise and work your way up. Do not copy the pros, make your own pace.
Do not use an equipment for too long and make others wait, carry a towel with you as to wipe the sweat off the gym equipment and put the weights back on the rack after using.